We want to begin by saying that the Digital X team sincerely hopes you and your family are keeping well. Here is us sending courage and strength to everyone around the world!
While people and businesses are doing everything in their power to keep their respective households running, so is Digital X- we have adopted a complete work-from-home policy with each of our team members contributing to their work while also being with their families. Cloud meetings, for both internal as well as client communications, are our current path.
We must say, our work here is not without purpose. Being a digital transformation company, we do have the option to cut down on work; but we have made a choice to stay up and running to ensure that we can contribute to helping those who are in need during these dire times.
How You May Ask …
Social distancing and self-quarantine are necessary now, but here is a very common scenario for you to ponder upon: a family is running out of the basic grocery items, maybe staples like rice or wheat. What can the family do then? Order the items online? Yes, exactly!
Here is another possibility: a new mother just ran out of a few baby care products, what can she do? Turn to online shopping!
What do you do if you find yourself in need of specific medication? Or when you need some cash in your hands?
Too wary to touch the newspapers? Don’t you get your much-needed information and news from digital sources then?
These scenarios are the daily essentials that simply cannot come to a standstill. The demand for these simply does not reduce. On the contrary, the prevailing situation can only increase the demand for such necessities with fear pushing everyone around to stock up and be safe.
And the solution to most if not all of these lies within the world of the internet- the digital world!
With China being the first to have borne the brunt of the situation, here are some statistics from the country published by a Gartner report:
- The quarantine period in China witnessed a 20% increase in time spent online by the people in the country.
- The country saw a 7-9 percent boost in online news and information consumption during their period of quarantine.
- Social networking of course saw a tremendous increase – by more than 30% during the months of January and February, 2020.
This increased online activity is obvious to occur or is already occurring in every other country now which is in a similar situation of being in a lockdown or quarantine due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Taking notes from these stats presented above, it is imperative that we lubricate the functioning of various businesses online. This will in turn aid those who are on the lookout for the daily requirements, without adding on to the stress of this pandemic.
Digital X’s Purpose: We are your digital transformation partners, here to enable businesses from any vertical on the digital platform, but more specifically those that can and should operate smoothly during this time!
Our team understands that every single task worked upon, be it big or small, is a contributor, directly or indirectly, to helping the current situation as a result of the pandemic. By helping those important businesses stand strong and by helping them deliver their products and services to the general public, our contributing hand is keeping us motivated even in this desperate period.
An Snippet Of What We Can Do
At Digital X, we can provide you with the very fuel to implement your business continuity plan during this Covid-19 pandemic. When people are staying indoors, turning to the internet for all their needs, it is only fair that you as a business leverage digital marketing and ensure that you keep your customers fulfilled.
For this, the Digital X team provides you with all the necessary tools, right from web development to appropriate content and creatives to SMS, email marketing and Google’s programmatic advertising to keep your customers informed.
Below is a list of industries/businesses that can and should function during this time and we are here to build your digital blocks and assemble them to form the right shape.
- Healthcare sector: medical care facilities including hospitals and ambulance services are of primary importance. A request for such service and the delivery of it can be made available through online platforms.
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector: every business associated with supply, delivery and distribution as well as sales of these products.
- E-commerce sector: with any major retail outlet being shut down, an immediate requirement can only be met by the e-commerce sector. This not only includes retail but also e-pharma, lifestyle and furnishing, home and kitchen, personal care and many other subdivisions.
- Online grocery industry: this definitely requires a separate mention, it being the go-to in most households at this point. All business related to this industry, including supply, delivery and packaging can shift base to a digital platform, with just the physical products being moved around.
- Education sector: the recent times have seen a spike in demand for online courses and certifications. Schools and colleges can continue to provide education through online sessions, keeping safety first.
- Real estate sector: accommodation is of utmost importance for those crucial workers and for those who need to be isolated or quarantined. Safe spaces are required to maintain safety at home, work and human health in general.
- Some other industries that have to be kept running are: the financial sector including banks, supply chain segments, utilities segment and the communication sector.
You want to send out the right message? You want to be able to help your customers in any way possible? Turn to Digital X for all your digital needs and beyond! Let your customers know what you can do for them and let them know at the right time – a time of their need!
Have a conversation with us and find out how we can advance your business on the digital platforms, be it from scratch or be it for just a single digital block.
We hope and pray for the normalization of the situation at the earliest possible.
4,351 total views, 3 views today